Ruhi Book 13 Unit 1
Please note that this text is linked to a regional-level learning process that the institute is leading directly at this point and materials are distributed through tutors who are part of these learning processes.
Ruhi Book 13 _ Engaging in Social Action _ Unit 1 _ Stirrings at the Grassroots
The first unit of this course examines instances of social action that are relatively simple and emerge naturally as the community-building process in a locality, cluster, or region advances. Within this context, participants gain insights into:
- how the institute process creates conditions, at the level of the individual and at the level of culture, that are conducive to engagement in social action;
- how social action emerges from natural stirrings at the grassroots;
- how some of the initiatives that arise remain simple and last for just a short period, while others become more complex as they are sustained over time;
- how acting within a shared conceptual framework allows the community to achieve coherence in its efforts;
- how the institution of the Local Spiritual Assembly promotes and supports social action and assists the friends to avoid certain pitfalls;
- and how the capacity to read social reality must consistently grow.